I’m obsessed with Downton Abbey. It’s a Masterpiece series set on a fictional estate in Yorkshire, England in 1912, and the opening scene revolves around the sinking of the Titanic. I realize that many people have already jumped on this chintz and rose upholstered bandwagon, but I’m a little slow when it comes to finding television shows that can make a believer out of me. Now all I want to do is sip tea from china cups and eat crumpets and stare aimlessly out the windows and ring for my lady’s maid. It’s like I’ve been drugged. I watched the first season on Netflix in a matter of days, staying up until three o’clock in the morning because I just had to get one. . more. . . hit. This show is fantastic. I don’t think I’ve felt this “swoony” about a British television series since Pride & Prejudice with Collin Firth. Also, they’ve got Maggie Smith as Lady Grantham, the dowager duchess. Who can resist her delicious snootiness? She steals every scene.
- My dog knows what it means when I spell out the words "T-R-E-A-T" and "W-A-L-K". It only took him 11 years, but he's on to me, now. 1 day ago
- 2016 Golden Heart® Award
- 2015 RWA National Conference in New York City
- Pitching Your Novel in 140 Characters or Less
- PNWA Summer Conference
- 2013 RWA National Conference: Heading Home
- Hello from the 2013 RWA National Conference!
- This just came today. . .
- I’m a Golden Heart® Finalist!
- Go Red for Women
- Hello 2013
- Happy Holidays
- Audiobooks to the Rescue!
- Happy Thanksgiving
- What is Steampunk?
- Emerald City Lights the Way