I’m a Golden Heart® Finalist!

GoldenHeartWow, this year has really had me in a tailspin. With so much going on in the family, I have not had as much time to focus on the wonderful world of blogging as I would have hoped.  But I just had to tell you guys the news that blew my socks off yesterday morning:

My manuscript, Guardian, finaled in the Paranormal category for the prestigious Golden Heart® award, sponsored by Romance Writers of America®.  For anyone who is wondering, this is a competition that recognizes excellence in unpublished romantic fiction.  It’s kind of like the Academy or Oscar awards for aspiring romance authors.  So um, let me just say with as much somber dignity as possible, “Squeeeeeeee!!!”  I’m still pinching myself. 🙂

goldenheartSo far, announcements about the RITA and Golden Heart finalists have been made at RWA , Publisher’s Weekly, USA Today, and the Ruby Slippered Sisterhood.  I keep thinking I’m going to wake up and this is all going to be some crazy dream.  I am a 2013 Golden Heart finalist.  <– Now I have to post this blog and read and re-read that sentence until it finally sinks in. . .

About Tara Sheets

Writer
This entry was posted in Literary Events, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I’m a Golden Heart® Finalist!

1. Ushani says:

Tara, this is very exciting. Congratulations!

2. Ravak says:

With your talent, your strength of character and just the fact that you really deserve this; it comes as no surprise to me! Kudos and congrats!!!!

3. emilydeutsch says:

Well deserved, Tara! Congrats!!

4. Tara, I’m jumping for joy!!!! This is awesome. You’re a terrific writer and I can’t imagine anyone more deserving of the GH. Big congratulations. Cyndi 😀

5. Emma Jay says:

congrats Tara! this is so amazing! I am so happy for you 🙂

Emma

________________________________

6. tedhenkle says:

Congratulations Tara! Good luck in the final phase of the competition!

7. pambinder says:

OMIGOSH! OMIGOSH! OMIGOIS! I LOVE your story, so I’m not surprised!!!!!! Soooo cool! I think I just broke a record on exclamation marks. :-). When is the convention? I’d love to be there to start the screaming when you WIN!

Congratulations! When you have a quiet moment, let me know and we can get together and you can give me ALL the details.

Thank you for sharing your amazing news, Pam

8. Yay, Congratulations. This is awesome, Tara. I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed for you in for the final vote!

9. Congrats, Tara…if anybody in the critique group could do it, it is you…way to go!

10. Hollie Smith says:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Wow! So happy for you but not at all surprised. 🙂

Sent from my iPhone

11. Cindy Callahan says:

Congratulations!! Good for you. I am really happy for you.

12. Lara says:

Tara, what a wonderful opportunity. Congratulations and all the best to you!!

13. Fantastic Tara! I’m doing the happy dance!!!

14. Tara Sheets says:

Thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes! I am still walking around in a daze, but I think it’s finally sinking in. 🙂 I am SO excited and I can’t wait to attend my first RWA National in Atlanta, GA this summer. I will make sure to keep you posted, and thanks again!

15. Lia Jay says:

Tara that is sooo exciting. I want to read it. Tell me how.

16. Congratulations, Tara!